Summer Shoes that will complete your outfit
I hate to say it, but I have always prioritised the dress, top, skirt, trousers, you name it, before I think of my shoes when dressing day to day. This is no longer the case. I have never really found shoes that match my aesthetics when it comes to summer shoes. I am so happy in a pair of trainers and flip flops that the thought of other styles has never closed my mind. Let me tell you, this summer the shoes have been on point! I am leaving out the typical styles that all love such as, flip-flops, espadrilles and good ol Birkenstocks. These styles are exactly what I am looking for, minimal, chic to the point, it will look like you aren't even trying. Or, ironically, I adore the ugly dad sandal trend that has picked up. Is it due to the practicality, or just how hilariously chic they look with anything floaty? I will never know. But what I do know is, that these shoes are IN. They are so in, that it is almost impossible to find them in stock. Fear not, I have comprised a handcrafted selection of my favourite summer shoes, that I hope will inspire future outfits for a hot day/evening, casual or for events.
The Minimal Sandal
Never would I felt so comfortable exposing my foot. These minimal strappy sandals may not look like much, but they carefully bring a summer look together. Magically pulling together the minimal aesthetic and boho goddess look. Here are my top 5 picks that are out now!
1. The Row bare leather sandals, £546.87, Net-a-porter
2. LC Sandal, £55, Tkees
3. Emme Parson string thin-strap sandal, £312, Matchesfashion
4. Studio Amelia 1.3 Sandals, £195, Moda Operandi
5. Eleftheria braided leather sandals, £143, Ancient Greek Sandals
The Dad Sandal
How these shoes became chic... I will never know, and I don't need to. I stan for it. Your outfit may be elegant and summery, yet your feet are screaming, 'I am ready to climb a volcano, or hike the Andes'. These are practical and put an edge on an outfit that you didn't realise you needed. Don't bash it until you try it.
1. Prada Leopard-print leather sandals, £508, Matchesfashion
2. Pull & Bear Coral Velcro fasten sandals, £25.99, ASOS
3. Original Universal, £40, Teva
4. Suicoke Touch Strap Sandals, £153, Farfetch
5. Sketchers dlight fresh catch sandals, £44, Schuh
The Heeled Mules
I must admit... I don't think I have every been interested in wearing mules. Ever. That is until this year, when it became apparent that these were in fact, the new shoe in town. Although I am aware that they have been around since the 15th century (yes, I do my research), and were stereotypically indoor shoes, they are tickling my fancy. Is it the unique, stand out appeal they have, or the fact they are sliders but way more chic? I would dress a pastel and summer colour to an outfit to make a minimal statement. Yes a minimal statement is definitely something I have just invented. One thing is for certain, and that is there are a handful of pairs in my basket on net-a-porter.
1. Leather mid-heel mules, £49.99, Zara
2. Senso Maisy slides, £119.63, Shopbop
3. By Far white Kosara 50 leather open toe mules, £375, Farfetch
4. Prada 65 metallic leather mules, £428.75, Net-a-porter
5. Platform strap sandals, £49.99, Mango